The Additives Market
The Plastic Resin Industry has grown at double the rate of either the steel or aluminum industry, over the past ten years.
- The global Plastics Industry increasingly is using additive technology to customize resin materials.
- Global sales of additives will grow from 23 B lbs. in 2005, to 28 B lbs. by 2010.
- US specialty plastic additives market was $5.9 billion in 2006.
- Demand for U.S. additives is growing 3% - 4% by volume annually.
- Strong demand for pigment additive in the US, growing from $475 million in 2004 to $625 million by 2009 – a 6% annualized growth.
North American Plastics Industry Status
- North American plastic conversion industry is $150 Billion in sales with over 6000 companies. Nine months ago there were 7000 companies.
- Dramatic petrochemical material price increases have seriously impacted the Industry, with resin price increases from 50% - 70% over the past 12 months.
- There is continuing consolidation of the Industry due to on-going company bankruptcies
- Added pressures on capacity and profitability continue to affect the survivors.
- The Plastics Industry urgently needs assistance to increase productivity and quality to offset increased costs and protect margin.
APT’s wide range of process enhancers and additives are the perfect answer to these productivity and margin issues.